Want to Get Notifications When Southwest Airlines Opens Your Schedule? Here is the complete guide for you
Southwest Airlines is a popular airline among US passengers because of its competitive ticket prices and extensive route network. In case you are looking forward to the release date of the Southwest flight schedule and want to be the first one to book the flight, setting up notifications for schedule updates can be the best option.
If you wonder, 'How do I get notified when Southwest opens my schedule?' The article below will educate you and update you about the procedure to receive timely notifications; follow it to stay updated.
How Do I Get Notified When Southwest Opens my Schedule?
To get the notifications southwest open schedule, ensure you have enabled it on your Southwest Airlines account online via the mobile app. In addition, you can check the schedule yourself by visiting the link here https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/
You can also use the automated flight status messaging feature to get notifications or updates about schedule changes to your registered mobile number via text or email. You get an option to sign up for this feature when making the booking on southwest.com, Mobile iOS, or Android apps.
How Do I Turn on Southwest Flight Notifications?
If you want to get notified from Southwest Airlines about the open schedules, deals, and other offers, you can simply turn on notifications by following the steps listed below:
- Head to the Southwest Airlines official site https://www.southwest.com and login
- Go to the account settings or the profile page on the screen
- Now look for the notifications options and click on it
- You get many options; look for the schedule updates or itinerary changes and enable these options
- Save your notifications preference, and moving further, you will get notified whenever there is any update
How To Get Free Messages on Southwest?
Southwest Airlines offers in-flight messaging service on specific flights via their inflight Wi-Fi portal. Using the in-flight Wi-Fi, you can access various messaging apps for free, such as WhatsApp and iMessage. However, this feature is available on selected flights only; you must check it with your airlines in advance or during the flight. Moreover, to get benefits with Southwest text messaging, make sure you have the WhatsApp or iMessage app on your smartphone before boarding.
Is There a Way to See How Many Open Seats are on a Southwest Flight?
Southwest Airlines never provides a public feature to see the number of open seats on your flight before booking. The seats availability keeps on changing based on the new booking and cancellations. You can check the seat availability by visiting the Southwest Airlines website, using the mobile app, or contacting the airline directly. Besides, here are the alternate options you can try to check the details:
- Book your Southwest Airlines flight to get the flight number
- Then go to the Southwest Airlines website and click on the link 'Check flight status.'
- Provide the information required on the screen, such as departure & arrival city, travel date, and flight number
- Hover your mouse to the bottom and go to the section 'Other Flight Information.'
- There, you can see the number of people on the flight and the number of seats available
How Far in Advance Does Southwest Release Schedule?
Southwest Airlines usually releases its flight schedule for booking around six to nine months in advance. However, the exact timing might vary, and Southwest usually announces schedule extensions periodically throughout the year. To stay updated about the release of new schedules, ensure to configure your Southwest flight notifications in advance.
Conclusion: Southwest Airlines offers flight schedules periodically throughout the year. If you want to get notified about it, make sure you have enabled the notifications. Hopefully, you get all the details. To know more, call 1-800-435-9792 and speak to Southwest Airlines customer service directly.