American Airlines Seat Selection: Step-by-step Guide
American Airlines is one such airline that gives its passengers complete freedom to choose their favorite seats. There are a few ways to select a seat on American Airlines. Are you wondering: How can I pick my seats on American Airlines? Well, passengers can choose the seats at the time of booking or after booking their flights. For a detailed guide about the seat selection process, make sure to read the following pointers.
The best way to reserve your seat is by selecting the seat at the time of booking the flight because of the seat availability. If you are booking your flight online on the American Airlines website, then follow these steps:
- Go to American Airlines’ website.
- Find a suitable flight and proceed to book it.
- Provide the information asked.
- Click on additional services or Add-ons.
- Then click on Seat Selection.
- View the seat map and choose a seat.
- Proceed to the payment page and make the payment.
- Soon, you will receive a flight and seat confirmation message.
There are two ways to choose a seat after booking: either book it through Manage Booking or at the airport. The steps are as follows:
- Manage Booking - After you have booked your flight, go to the American Airlines website, click on My Trips, and find your flight. Click on Add a seat, and select a seat using the seat map. Proceed to the payment gateway, make the payment, and your seat will be reserved.
- At the Airport - Passengers can also skip selecting the seat online if they want. At the airport check-in counter, ask the airline’s agent to assign a seat of your preference. If the seat is available, they will give it. Otherwise, you will have to accept the available seat.
What is the American Airlines Seat Selection Policy?
Suppose you are traveling with American Airlines and want to pick a seat. In that case, you need to be aware of the American Airlines Seat Selection Policy, as it can help you avoid problematic situations. The seat selection policy of American Airlines is as follows:
- Passengers can choose their seats while booking or after booking their flight.
- Seat selection is open up to 3 hours before the flight departure.
- The airline holds the right to assign a seat to the passenger if they don’t select a seat till 3 hours before departure.
- Unaccompanied minors, pregnant ladies, and old-aged people can’t choose emergency row seats. It is advised for them to select a seat at the airport check-in counter.
- The airline’s authority holds the right to change the seats of the passengers seated on the emergency row if they find them unfit to fulfill their needs at the time of emergency.
- American Airlines makes every possible effort to give the passengers their chosen seats, but seat assignments are not guaranteed.
- Passengers should check in at least 60-45 minutes before their flight departure time (international and domestic, respectively) and arrive at the boarding gate 15 minutes before departure; otherwise, they may lose the chosen seats.
- American Airlines attempts to assign same-row seats to children under the age of 15 with their accompanied passengers.
- Passengers who sit in a seat other than the assigned seat can be asked to move to their assigned seat.
Get More Legroom with Preferred Seats:
Every passenger wants to feel comfortable while traveling. And what could be better than having a comfy seat with extra legroom? American Airlines allows passengers to get extra legroom with their preferred seats. Are you thinking: What are preferred seats on American Airlines? Preferred seats are standard legroom seats located in the main cabin of American Airlines. The preferred seats are subject to availability, and the passengers can buy these sets online or at the airport. Preferred seats are complimentary for AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum, and Gold members, AirPass tickets, Military fare full-fare passengers, etc.
Does American Airlines Charge for Seat Selection?
Yes, American Airlines charges for seat selection. However, in almost every aircraft, there are a few free seats. Passengers can choose these seats free of cost. But if you want window, aisle, or extra legroom seats, there will be seat selection charges. American Airlines also has a complimentary seat selection depending on the ticket type.
American Airlines Seat Selection Fees:
One of the major concerns of the passengers is the seat selection fees. Because the seat selection fee is different for every airline, and it also depends on the type of ticket, membership, flight route, etc. To know the answer to: How much does it cost to choose your seat on American Airlines? Go through the following pointers:
- Basic economy - The seat selection fee for Economy tickets ranges between $0 to $15.
- Standard Economy fare - If you have booked Standard Economy fare tickets, you can select the preferred seat or main cabin seat by paying between $10 and $22. The standard seats can be chosen free of cost.
- Preferred seats - The seat selection fee for a preferred seat is around $10 to $15.
- Main cabin seats - Main cabin seats can cost between $21 to $22.
Explore the American Airlines Seat Selection in different classes
American Airlines offers its services to 350 regions under 48 countries by providing flexible and easy booking, cancellation, changes, add assistance, or seat selection on the flight in any class. However, you recently made a reservation with this, and now you want to select a seat in different classes like first, business, and economy. Therefore, to know about it, you must follow the article below.
Can I make an American Airlines seat selection first-class?
American Airlines First Class seat selection is available when you book your flight, or you can change your seat up to 24 hours before departure online or at the airport. Therefore, to do this, there are a few steps:
To select a First Class seat on American Airlines:
- Go to the American Airlines website and enter your confirmation code and last name.
- Click on the "My Trips" tab.
- Select your flight and click on the "Manage Seats" link.
- You will see a map of the aircraft with the available seats. There, you must select the seats as per your choice.
- Review your selections and click on the "Continue" button.
- Enter your payment information, if applicable.
- Continue to Purchase it to confirm your seat selection.
What are the AA seat selection fees for first class?
The AA charges a fee for seat selection in First Class, except for passengers with elite status or those using miles to pay for their ticket. The fee varies depending on the flight length and the seat type you select. For example, a window or aisle seat on a long-haul international flight may cost $160 or more.
How do I make an American Airlines Seat Selection for Economy Class?
If you are looking to book an AA ticket with comfortable seats, it is a must to book it in economy class; however, if you are how to make an American Airlines seat selection in economy class, you can do one of the following:
- Go to the American Airlines website or app.
- Enter your flight information and click "Search."
- Review your flight options and select the one you want to book.
- On the "Select Seats" page, click the seat(s) you want.
- Continue with the booking process.
What are the AA Seat Selection Fees for Economy Class?
American Airlines seat selection fees for economy class seats vary depending on the following factors. Thus, there is a general American Airlines seat selection fee for economy class seats:
Standard seats: Free for passengers who booked a standard economy fare (except for Basic Economy fares).
Preferred seats: $10-$22 each way.
Main Cabin Extra seats: $30-$160 each way.
Basic Economy fares: Passengers who booked a Basic Economy fare must pay a fee to select any seat, including standard seats. The price starts at $9 each way for domestic flights and $19 each way for international.
How Much is Seat Selection on American Airlines Basic Economy?
The seat selection cost on American Airlines basic economy varies depending on the flight. Still, it typically starts at around $10 for a middle seat and $12 for an aisle or window seat. Seats closer to the front of the plane, you have to pay more fare to the airlines. Also, there is a breakdown of the typical seat selection fees for American Airlines basic economy:
Middle seat: $10-$12
Aisle or window seat: $12-$14
Preferred seat: $18-$20
Extra legroom seat: $25-$30
If you are traveling on a connecting flight, you must pay a separate seat selection fee for each leg of the trip.
How Can I Do American Airlines Seat Selection Business Class?
AA offers business class services by proffering the best seats in the Business class; therefore, if you look to book seats in this class, you should have to track down the below steps.
- Go to the American Airlines website and log in to your account.
- Click on "Manage Trips."
- Select the trip for which you want to make a seat selection.
- Click on "Change Seats."
- On the seat map, select the seat you want.
- Click on "Continue."
- Review your seat selection and click on "Confirm.
What is the AA Business Class Seat Selection Cost?
The fees for seat selection in American Airlines Business Class vary on the flight's length and the seat's location in the cabin. Window and aisle seats are generally the most expensive, while middle seats may be less costly or accessible. Thus, there is a seat selection fees for American Airlines Business Class flights, get through the below details.
Standard seat: Free
Preferred seat: $20-$50
Extra legroom seat: $50-$100
Standard seat: Free
Preferred seat: $50-$100
Extra legroom seat: $100-$160
Our Seat Selection