Qatar Airways is well-known for providing passengers with the best help and world-class flight services. They even ensure that their agent is available for them on a 24-hour basis. The passengers traveling on a long-haul flight need more assistance as it can be tiring to be seated in one place for 7 to 8 hours. On the one hand, the business and first-class users get incliner seats, and the passengers who booked a long flight in economy or economy classic have to bear with long seating hours. That is why Qatar Airways allow them to select the seat as per their preference and have a safe journey.
Qatar Seat Selection Policy
- The seat selection procedure is only available after you have booked your flight with Qatar Airlines.
- The airline will assign the seats; you must pay the selection fees to select your preferred seat.
- The airline's frequent flyer programs are free of seat selection fees.
- Seat selection is possible in the same class in which your airline ticket was purchased. Changing the class will be treated as a flight change, with various fees and procedures.
- If you booked your ticket in business or first class, you do not have to pay the seat selection fees at the airport.
- You can choose a seat on Qatar Airlines by using your miles, vouchers, or coupons.
How Can I choose my seat on Qatar Economy Classic?
The airlines allow the passengers to proceed with the seat selection during reservation or by using the 'Manage Booking' option. The steps that need to be followed to make the changes in your existing reservation are mentioned here for you as follows:
- Visit the airline's official website and look for the 'Manage/Check-in option.'
- Once you get onto that box, enter your booking reference code along with the passenger's last name to click on the option of "Manage Booking."
- Proceed to get redirected to the flight details page, and choose the seat selection option.
- A seat map of your flight class will appear on your screen, where you need to choose your preferred seat as per your preference.
- No other change is allowed to be made during the seat selection process.
- Once the selection is made and confirmed, they will redirect you to the payment page.
- Follow the on-screen process to make the payment for your seat selection, and once it's done, the confirmation will get sent to your email.
Qatar Airways Seat Upgrade
People can also choose the auto-upgrade option and change their flight class preference even after the booking by upgrading their ticket from one class to another. The rules that are required to be known by them are given here as follows:
- Passengers can upgrade any time after reservation but at least 24 hours before their scheduled flight departure.
- Economy class passengers (non-refundable flight tickets) do not have the option to upgrade or interchange from one class to another.
- If a technical problem or airline error causes a flight delay, the airline offers passengers an alternate trip in a higher class than the one for which they have made a reservation. In such a case, the traveler was not required to pay any money to the airline.
- Passenger members of the airline's membership program may upgrade their flight tickets without paying fees.
Qatar Airways Seat Upgrade Cost
The seat upgrade cost depends upon the flight class in which the upgrade must be made. The time left for a scheduled departure, the flight class in which you proceed to upgrade, and the distance covered by the airlines also play an important role. However, the average upgrade cost with Qatar Airways will be from $4 to $100.
Where is the best place to sit on Qatar Airways?
The dubious seat configuration can be a lottery. Although Qatar's economy is typically 3-3-3, the front two rows of each section are 3-4-3, which means you hit jackpot with seats 25D and G (or the equivalent).
Our Seat Selection